Monday, October 3, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Maybe I'm just really late with my new year's resolutions, but let's say I'm just getting a 2 month head start.

The start of fall and the fact that my little one is pretty independent nowadays has made me want to get my butt in gear and start anew.  So, I may need some help / encouragement / a friendly reminder to stick with the following resolutions:

  1. Start each Sunday with 'Meal Planning' for the week.  I hope to completely plan out, at least, 4 dinners and possibly cook them ahead of time.  
  2. Exercise 2-3 times a week.  I get a lot of exercise chasing the little one around the house, but I need to schedule a few times a week to actually go on a run or hit the gym / workout video.  This seems to be a reoccurring resolution.
  3. Thank 5 people in my life each week.  This means actually take the time to write out thank you notes to anyone from the Starbucks barista to a close friend... just because.  More about this resolution on Thursday.
  4. Finally, I would love to actually take time each week to learn Korean.  My daughter will eventually learn the language and I don't want to have to rely on her to be my translator with my in-laws or worry that my kids are talking behind my back in Korean.
So there they are.  I wanted to keep the list small, so I wouldn't get overwhelmed.  After I get a few resolutions checked off, I'm sure I will have a few more to add (maybe in time for the real New Year). 

PS.  Don't be afraid to ask me about these every now and again.  I need somebody to hold me accountable. :)  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...