Saturday, June 4, 2011

Date Night! :)

Last night was the first time that I have left Ellington for more than 2 hours. It was also the first time that John and I have had a date night since she was born. It definitely helped my nerves that my little sister came over to babysit, but I still called/texted her like 10 times. Some would say that I was acting like a normal first time mom and others (like my husband) would say that I was being irrational and take away my phone for the rest of the evening.

Anyways, it was a great night. We went out to eat at a nice little local restaurant and then John got to pick the movie. Any guesses as to what movie we saw? Well if you know John at all, you know that he just LOVES those stupid-funny movies... so, I caved in and we went to see Hangover 2. It was exactly what I expected (I am probably the only person on the planet who has never seen the first one), some funny one liners and lots, I mean LOTS, of inappropriate I-could-not-watch-this-with-my-parents scenes. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), John like it and I will not ever watch it again if I have a choice.

All in all, it was a GREAT night and Ellington survived being without her momma for the night. Next time (yay!, I am okay with there being a next time), I will pick the movie. Oh yeah, Carney will have to watch Ellington again because I am not yet to the point where I want to leave her in the hands of someone other than family. Thanks Carney! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...