Monday, August 23, 2010

Who needs Japan, when you have Birmingham?

While John is in Japan enjoying new sites and sounds of the bustling cities over there, I am here in Birmingham. Thankfully, my mom drove down from North Carolina to keep me company over the weekend. After a visit to the Birmingham Zoo and some fun window shopping in downtown Homewood, we decided to visit the art museum. It turns out that you don't need an expensive plane ticket and hours of travel to take in the sites of Japan.
The art museum had a fabulous exhibit on the iconic Japanese kimono. The patterns were gorgeous and it was interesting to find out that each kimono is made from a single bolt of fabric. So who really needs to visit Japan? I am perfectly satisfied with a visit to the art museum with my mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...