Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Blog Design Inspiration

Christmas is long gone, but things are still rather Christmasy around here. I think it's about time my blog is due for another design overhaul. New year, new design. Sounds about right.

I have about a million images running through my head and no idea how to incorporate everything I love into one cohesive blog design. Things would be a lot easier if I had gotten that design tablet I had on my Christmas list. (sigh) some day.

And don't think that I forgot about you blog design winners! I am far too embarrassed that it has taken me this long to get my act together. You all will be getting an email from me shortly and nothing on my blog will get redesigned until you have a new design first. No need to worry. Your blogs + blog designs are very much still on my mind. They will be completed this weekend (hopefully). Thank you for your patience and I hope you're still on board. 

I digress. Here are a few of the many images that I have managed to get down on paper the screen(?). Please let me know if you have any clue how to incorporate this mess into one design.
Blog Design Inspiration | www.KimchiSweetTea.com

  1. Glitter + Metallics. Do I really need to justify a love of all things shiny?
  2. Real Flowers. Maybe it's because we're in the dead of winter, but I am craving fresh flowers lately. I'd have a house full of them if I had all the money in the world or I could keep plants alive.
  3. Watercolor. Love. This one has been on my mind for 6 months, at least. I'm just having a hard time thinking of how to tie it into a blog design and still keeping the design fresh.
  4. Mason Jars. Seriously. I don't think I could call myself southern if I didn't have an unhealthy obsession with mason jars. They will be in my design… somehow.
  5. Ostrich Sans Inline. I've seen this font (or similar) everywhere lately. Get if FREE here.
  6. This Fabric. I bought this fabric for my oldest daughter's crib skirt before she was born. I am still obsessed with it. If you love it as much as I do, you can find it here (P. Kaufmann - Hip Dove).
  7. Geometric Prints. Anything with a geometric print is welcome around these parts. Particularly loving triangle at the moment.
  8. Color. I took this picture with my iPhone of the inside of my 2 year old's homemade kaleidoscope. All of those different colors just make my heart happy. I think I need more of those happy colors in my blog life.
  9. Bombshell Pro. I know this font has made it's way around blogland, but I still love it. I can only dream of handwriting that pretty.
  10. Chalkboard + Striped Drop Shadows. Are chalkboards still in? or is that something we need to leave in 2013? Not sure about this one, but I would love a striped drop shadow font. 
So, there it is. Some day soon, that mess of an inspiration board will be translated into a pretty new blog design for Kimchi & Sweet Tea. Any thoughts on the direction I should run towards would be forever appreciated.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...