Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Year's Blogolutions

I am not making any New Year's Resolutions this year, instead I am focusing more on this little blog and my etsy shop.  So I've made a few goals or New Year's Blogolutions to help me stay on track and, hopefully, lead to a more organized online life.
#1  Blog More Consistently.  I always have a list of stories or situations that I want to blog about in real time.  Unfortunately, my list making skills are far better than my blogging in real time skills.  This year, I am putting myself up to a new challenge... blogging more consistently.  I am aiming for 2-3 posts per week.  This is one blogolution that I really want to accomplish and stick to when I review my this post next year.

#2  Try Something New.  Since I started this little blog all the way back in 2009, I have had dreams of joining that intangible club of bloggers on the internet who always seem to be doing more than just writing about their everyday life.  You know the ones... they have contests for cool prizes, guest bloggers, link-up parties, and they attend all of the local blogging events.  I definitely want to try at least one of these things this year.

#3  Use Social Media.  So, I have a twitter account and Facebook, but I haven't quite figured out how to use social media on a daily basis to communicate as a blogger.  This might take some time, but I really want to learn to post more than 'Look what I just wrote on the blog'.  I guess my goal here would be less formality and more genuine conversation through social media... is that a contradiction?

#4  Make More Prints.  I created a little etsy shop a while back and I have sold a few pieces, but I haven't really focused on getting more prints in the shop or promoting the prints that are already listed.  Right now, I am setting my goal pretty low.  I am committing to making 2 new prints per month and I'll see where things go from there.

#5  Share More About Side Projects.  Over the past 2 years, I have been dabbling in blog design.  Designing a few backgrounds and headers for blogs of a few friends and designing and redesigning my cousin's cooking blog (she generously has let me try new things whenever I get the itch to get creative).  I am really proud of these little side projects and I would love to share more of all of this hard work on my own blog.

So there it is.  Written down for all to see.  Now, I just have to follow through... not my strongest asset.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...