Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas Morning Traditions

Christmas is really one of my favorite holidays and not just because you get to give and receive tons of gifts.  I love all of the traditions that each family adopts over the years.  One of my favorite traditions is our family's Christmas morning breakfast... does it really surprise you that a pregnant woman's favorite tradition involves food?  We always have delicious sausage pinwheels, cheese grits, Moravian sugar cake, eggs, and -of course- bacon.  The conclusion of breakfast always leads to the opening of presents and more time spent with family.


We also have a tradition of opening two gifts on Christmas Eve; matching pajamas to wear the next morning and a Christmas story to read that night before bed.  

One of my favorite gifts was a matching t-shirt set for Ellington and her new baby sister.  I cannot wait to get  my two girls dressed in these adorable shirts for a little photoshoot.
One of Ellington's favorite gifts was her new kitchen!  It has not made the trip to Durham yet, but she talks about it often and I know she will just be thrilled when it finally arrives in it's own special place at the new house.

And a Christmas post could not be complete without Ellington's reaction to the gift that Santa brought her.  Here is last year's video... I cannot believe how much she has grown in just one year!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...