Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow Day... Kinda

Well, it looks like most all of the snow has melted away.  Fortunately, I have a daughter who never (and I really do mean NEVER) sleeps, so we I took her outside last night to enjoy the freshly fallen snow.  John thought I was crazy, but I couldn't help but feel energized like a grade school kid waiting to hear if school will be cancelled or delayed.  There is just something about snow in the south that brings out the kid in me.
Ellington wasn't really sure what to think about all the snow when we walked outside.
She tried touching the snow, but her jacket is still a little too long and she couldn't get her little fingers out of the sleeve.
After a few minutes, she started to 'smile' at the camera.  Is this another photoshoot, mom?
Here's to many more southern snowy days to come!  You know, the kind of snow that melts within a day, but still enough to shut down everything but the grocery store and movie theater.  Gotta love the South and our wacky ways! :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad she got to see the snow! I think that may be our only one this year. LYMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the prefect snow too! snow one day & a high of 60 the next :)

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...