Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vintage Tea Party - Bridal Shower

My older sister is getting married this year and we have been busy with party planning for the past month or so.  A week ago, we finally had the party and it was so much fun!  I won't bore you with too many details, but I do want to mention some fun things that we added to make the shower a little more personal.
The hat displays are actually made from hats that were from my grandmother's and great-grandmother's collection.  This was totally my mom's creation and everyone loved them!  Many of them are really cute and hats are coming back in fashion thanks to a certain royal wedding last year.  Unfortunately, my head is far to big to fit into any of these beautiful hats.  The tablecloths are also my great-grandmother's.
This is my favorite detail!  My mom found this picture from my sister's 4th birthday.  Malone was a bride and I was a bridesmaid (Carney was still in my mom's belly).  Isn't it funny what kids think up for their birthday parties. :)
Lastly, one of Malone's friends turned what was left of her bridal shower cake into a 'Happy 30th Birthday' cake for later on that evening.

This was one exhausting weekend, but I had lots of fun and I hope everyone else did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...