Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Supporting our Veterans

This post is a little late in the day, but I could not really find any free activities in Durham this weekend.  Does Durham really not have a Veteran's Day Parade?  Hopefully, we will make it to the Raleigh Veteran's Day Parade.
When:  11/11/11 (Friday) @ 9:30
Where:  Downtown Raleigh - intersection of Fayetteville and Davie St
What to Expect:  Uniformed soldiers from all branches of the military, military vehicles, local marching bands, boy scout troops, girl scout troops, and even a beauty queen or two.  Should be a great event and a fantastic opportunity to thank all of our veterans!

If we don't make it to the parade, we are definitely going to visit our local library!  I had so much fun at the library with kids I have nannied in the past, but I have yet to visit a library with Ellington.  I know.  I feel like a horrible mother... I promise I read to her.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...