Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1% Changes - Week Five

I am ashamed to say that I am an addict. For years I have been saying things like, "I can quit anytime I want" and "I don't need it. I just like how it tastes." I no longer have control over my addiction. Yes, I am one of many many people I know that is addicted to Diet Coke.

I knew I had a problem years ago when I would get headaches if I hadn't had my daily fix of Diet Coke. And then when I started to lie about how many sodas I had during the day, I knew that I could no longer control my addiction to this bubbly beverage.

Well, the time has come to quit Diet Coke. :( I am not happy about this 1% change, but I need to put on my big girl pants and my body will surely thank me.

Now, this change will have to happen slowly (you know, so I don't go through withdraw). For now, I am just not going to buy any soda at the grocery store. Sodas are now treats that I get to sip during a dinner out with the hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...