Thursday, September 16, 2010

'A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down'

I mentioned this classic song lyric in a recent conversation with John and was stunned to find out that he had never seen Mary Poppins. I forget sometimes that his childhood was very different than mine. After a little investigating, I discovered that we need to have a children's movie night to get him up to date on what I consider the classic childhood movies:

1. Mary Poppins
2. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original)
3. The Sound of Music
4. Grease (not exactly childhood, but he has to see it)
5. The Land Before Time
6. Alice in Wonderland
7. Charlotte's Web
8. The Wizard of Oz
9. Annie
10. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we are going to have soooo much fun over the holidays!!! We can watch movies and sing along.....John will just love it!!! LYMI Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the blog, I can't believe he hasn't seen all of those movies!!!! They should add that as part of the naturalization test, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...