Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I can't believe that it has already been 8 years since the 9/11 attacks. I am pretty sure that everyone knows exactly where they were when the tragedy occurred. I remember it like it happened yesterday.

I was on a field trip to Camp Thunderbird for chorus. Our teacher loaded us back on the buses as soon as we arrived because of some plane crash in New York. She said that school was being let out in case Charlotte needed the buses to evacuate downtown. This all sounded a little odd, so I asked the first person I could find back on campus.

Everyone at school had turned on the TV soon after the first plane hit. I didn't see how serious it was until I arrived home and turned on the news. I still remember thinking that it all looked so surreal, like I was watching a movie and not real life.

I try to pray daily for those who we lost during the attacks and their families left here to grieve. Although the terrorist tried to break our country apart, this tragedy brought Americans closer together than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...