Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Quest to Find a Job

After many weeks of job searching, I think I have found my dream job! I am usually pretty hush hush about exciting opportunities in my life because I don't want to get my hopes up or jinx myself. However, I really really want this job and I want everyone to know it. I think that this is the most excited I have ever been about a job opportunity.

Last week I had almost given up and excepted the fact that I would have to get a job at a daycare or at the mall. By chance, I searched the internet one last time and put in a few resumes for positions that looked interesting. I got a call back to interview for the Activities Director in the assisted living wing of Danberry (a retirement village).

The interview went extremely well! The position involves planning activities (art, music, community outreach, weekly outings) for the residents at Danberry. I LOVE talking with people and listening to the stories of their past. Sitting on the porch and listening to my Papa tell stories was one of my favorite things to do in Charlotte! I also LOVE planning activities (especially art projects). Ask Kristen... that was one of my favorite things to do during church child care! I would be PERFECT for this job!

I should know whether or not I get the position by next week. Pray for me! I know that God will lead me in the right direction (and hopefully it is to be the Activities Director at Danberry)!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...