Friday, July 3, 2009

Legends, Myths, & Superstitions! Oh My!

Breakfast at the hotel was the first American meal I’ve had in a week... It was quite delicious! After a hearty meal, we were off to the Cheonjeyeon Waterfalls. It was really rainy all day, but the waterfalls were beautiful. We also went to a tangerine / ginseng farm. Tangerines are grown in the winter, so we toured the ginseng part of the farm and even got to taste a little bit.

Next, we hiked what seemed like 10 million stairs to get to a cave containing a large Buddha statue and a natural mineral water stream on top of Mount Sanbang. The Jeju island people believe that by taking one sip of water from the stream, you won’t get grey hair (2 sips and you won’t get wrinkles). I drank a whole cup! Cross your fingers & Let’s hope it works!
Hiking up Mount Sanbang was seriously hard work, so we ended the day at Halim Park. It is one islanders private garden, but it’s about the size of South Park Mall. There are 2 pretty interesting lava tube caves that you can walk through. One lava tube has ‘pillar of knowledge’ that is supposed to make you smarter if you walk around one time. I’m not sure if this one will work on me... I’m already the smartest person I know (I mean - besides my husband). :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, can you bring me some of that water for gray hair and wrinkles? It may be too late, but it's worth a try. Can't wait for you all to get home. sounds like you have had a great time! LYMI Momma

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...